In the innerspring battle of Beautyrest vs Posturepedic, which brand wins…Simmons or Sealy? Shoppers associate both Simmons and Sealy brands with quality and comfort in mattresses. But when considering Beautyrest vs Posturepedic, which mattress line gives you better sleep for your buck?
Reviewing the Basics > Beautyrest vs Posturepedic
Although Simmons revolutionized innerspring technology with the introduction of its Beautyrest Pocketed Coil technology in 1925, Sealy offers a similar design with its Titanium DSi coil technology found in some Posturepedic models. Both brands designed the new coil systems to combat complaints that typical innerspring mattresses lack body conformance and allow too much motion disturbance.
Simmons manufactures five Beautyrest models, here in the US, that feature:
- The high-performance, heavy-gauge Beautyrest Pocketed Coil technology for greater body conformance and support, with less motion disturbance
- Luxurious BeautyStyle stretch knit fabrics and aesthetics for added comfort
- Energy Foam, which adds stability and dismisses a need to flip your mattress
- Triton Foundation with PowerBeam Bracing for enhanced foundation strength and durability
- 10-year warranty
Also manufactured in the US, Sealy Posturepedic models offer:
- Posturepedic CoreSupport Center, for additional support where you need it most
- StayTight Foundation for optimal sheet and mattress stability
- SitRight Edge System for reduced bounciness but increased support and stability
- 10-year warranty
Scoping Out the Extras > Beautyrest vs Posturepedic
In the battle of Beautyrest vs Posturepedic, both brands remain competitive in upgrades offered. If you’re looking for comfort with some luxury features, consider moving up from the Beautyrest Classic to the Beautyrest Elite or Beautyrest Black.
- AirCool Memory Foamfor full body conformance, pressure point and freedom of movement (including a layer of GelTouch foam to help dissipate heat for cooler sleeping)
- AirCool BeautyEdge Foam Encasement for enhanced airflow throughout the mattress while providing comfort all the way to the edge
- AirCool Mesh Border Fabric that encases the mattress for greater breathability and airflow
However, if you’re looking for more bells and whistles on your Posturepedic, consider select models with these options:
- Posturepedic Titanium SS Coils for superior comfort and durability
- LiftRight Handles, a unique bar handle design providing multiple gripping points for easier maintenance
- OptiCool Gel Memory Foam, or OptiCoolTM, the only memory foam with gel plus a layer of OUTLAST material, proven to be more effective for heat dissipation
Prices for Beautyrest vs Posturepedic will typically remain competitive and vary by store. Sealy Posturepedic seems to garner more complaints about durability and longevity due to sagging and body impressions, as well as noise. Reviews for Beautyrest praise comfort and support with some concern about durability. Check out more details at goodbed.com, but always give your final contenders the reliable 15-minute rest test in stores.