Beautyrest vs Serta Perfect Sleeper > Reviewing Expectations of an Innerspring
If you have checked out The Ultimate Mattress Buying Guide by Mattress Source, you already know that innerspring mattresses tend to be less expensive than memory foam or latex mattresses. Prices on innersprings range due to the wide range of comfort levels offered. Typical complaints about innersprings involve motion disturbance from partners and lack of pressure relief.
In 1925, Simmons set out to combat these complaints with its revolutionary Beautyrest Pocketed Coil system. In this new, high-performance, heavy-gauge design, each coil was wrapped individually, alleviating the typical chain reaction in an innerspring. As a result, the Beautyrest Pocketed Coil system minimizes motion disturbance while providing more body conformance for pressure relief.
While Serta’s Perfect Sleeper has been manufactured for over 75 years, they have recently updated the line to address sleeping issues like tossing and turning, lack of support, sleeping too hot or too cold, motion disturbance?and mattress roll-off or sag. The Serta Perfect Sleeper is designed using continuous coil systems (as opposed to the pocketed or individual coil systems) like the Continuous Support Innerspring or the FlexZone Innerspring system.
Beautyrest vs Serta Perfect Sleeper > Inspecting Each Innerspring Design
Both brands continue to make advances in mattress design to help us sleep better. Because Beautyrest vs Serta Perfect Sleeper involve a wide range of mattress solutions, let’s consider options provided by each.
Simmons manufactures five Beautyrest models, here in the US, that feature:
- The high-performance, heavy-gauge Beautyrest Pocketed Coil technology for greater body conformance and support, with less motion disturbance
- Luxurious BeautyStyle stretch knit fabrics and aesthetics for added comfort
- Energy Foam, which adds stability and dismisses a need to flip your mattress
- Triton Foundation with PowerBeam Bracing for enhanced foundation strength and durability
- 10-year warranty
Beautyrest Classic welcomes you into the entry-level of Simmons Beautyrest, while Beautyrest Elite provides added luxury. The premium Beautyrest Black mattress, offered at Mattress Source locations, also boasts the Recharge Sleep system, promising you will be “Living Life Fully Charged”.
- AirCool Memory Foam for full body conformance, pressure point and freedom of movement (including a layer of GelTouch foam to help dissipate heat for cooler sleeping)
- AirCool BeautyEdge Foam Encasement for enhanced airflow throughout the mattress while providing comfort all the way to the edge
- AirCool Mesh Border Fabric that encases the mattress for greater breathability and airflow
Meanwhile, the Serta Perfect Sleeper offers four models (Riposato, Goldenrest, Monte Carlo and English Manor) in various comfort levels and tops, providing these features:
- Advanced Comfort Quilt system for even weight distribution and reduced heat build-up
- Total Edge Foam Encasement for prevention of sagging
- ComfortLast construction for enhanced durability
- 10-year warranty
Depending on which Serta Perfect Sleeper model you choose, you may also indulge in these additional features:
- Visco-elastic Memory Foam for body conformance and pressure point relief
- Latex Foam for enhanced pressure-relieving comfort
- Patented FlexZone for added support where your body needs it most
- Continuous Support helps for maintaining proper spinal alignment
- Cool Balance Fabric for minimizing temperature swings
- TrueSense motion-isolating coils for minimizing motion disturbance (available in all FlexZone™ Innerspring models)
- Head-to-Toe Coil Construction for minimizing motion disturbance (available in all Continuous Support® Innerspring models)
We’ve established in Beautyrest vs Stearns and Foster > Which Innerspring Mattress Wins Out? that Beautyrest dominates in comfort, support and motion separation, but receives complaints about holding its shape over the years. In reviews of the Serta Perfect Sleeper, customers praise it for comfort but complain about sagging after, or sometimes within, the first year. However, both brands rate similarly to other innerspring mattresses in durability.
Investing in sleep requires some homework, particularly to your personal sleep habits. Ultimately, the best way to protect your investment in better sleep and quality of life is to perform the 15-minute rest test in stores before making a purchase.