If wondering which foam mattress sleeps cooler between iComfort vs Tempurpedic vs Optimum, you obviously have your mind set on memory foam. Now maybe you’re concerned that the memory foam will be too hot and you’re looking for the coolest of memory foam mattresses? So then, let’s take a good look at iComfort vs Tempurpedic vs Optimum.
iComfort vs Tempurpedic vs Optimum > Reviewing Brand Reputations
- Serta has manufactured mattresses for over 80 years and boasts creations like its flagship Perfect Sleeper, the first tuftless mattress and in the early 1990s, the first cool gel-infused memory foam mattress (Serta iComfort).
- Also in the early 1990s, Tempurpedic perfected memory foam designed in part by NASA, and introduced Tempur memory foam mattresses that offered unprecedented body conformance and pressure point relief.
- Sealy has made innovations in mattresses for over 120 years, featuring the Sealy Posturepedic line with added support in the middle section where you need it most. The Sealy Optimum gel-infused mattresses contain a special “Outlast” material for optimal cooling effects.
So in comparing iComfort vs Tempurpedic vs Optimum, all three mattresses offer typical memory foam benefits like:
- Pressure point relief for pain-free sleeping
- Minimized motion disturbance for sounder sleeping
- Resistance to mold and allergens for healthier sleeping
And when reviewing reputations for makers of iComfort vs Tempurpedic vs Optimum, you are considering three brands with solid records and plenty of customer reviews.
iComfort vs Tempurpedic vs Optimum > Weighing the Pros and Cons
First, when looking at pros and cons of iComfort vs Tempurpedic vs Optimum, note that just two Tempurpedic models contain a cooling material in the comfort layer and cover. These are the TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme Breeze and TEMPUR-Rhapsody Breeze models.
Now let’s look at some basic facts, pros and cons for each.
- These mid-to-luxury level mattresses contain a 6-inch foam base and 2.75 inches (or greater) of medium-to-low density gel-infused memory foam. Some models also contain high-density memory foam, regular foam and or latex.
- They come with a 25-year warranty and 120-day trial.
- Prices for a queen range from $1,300 to $4,000.
- (con) Until recently, most iComfort models buried the gel foam beneath traditional foam, which seems to defeat the purpose. Make sure the model you’re considering puts the gel layer on top!
TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme Breeze and TEMPUR-Rhapsody Breeze
- These mid-to-luxury level memory foam mattresses are made with patented Tempurpedic foam but incorporate a cooling material in the comfort layer and cover, with a core that’s designed to transfer heat away from the body.
- These models appear to come with a 25-year warranty and a 90-day trial period.
- Prices for a queen range from $3,200 to $3,700.
- (pro) According to Memory Foam Vs. Tempur-Pedic, Tempurpedic claims their mattresses may contain less chemicals than some other memory foam mattresses.
- (con) However, according to some feedback, Tempurpedics tend to be more difficult to get off of and maneuver on, while more likely to off gas.
- These gel-infused mattresses contain a 6-inch foam base topped with 3-7 inches of memory foam. Its comfort layer includes 2 inches of gel-infused memory foam, which is more than some of its competitors.
- They come with a 25-year warranty and seem to offer a 120-day trial period.
- Prices for a queen range from $1,300 to $3,900.
- (con) Since just introduced in 2012, little user experience has been gathered but you can find some reviews at sleeplikethedead.com.
If you’re considering Serta iComfort vs Tempurpedic vs Optimum by Sealy, also consider our preference in cool gel memory foam mattresses, the Restonic CoolGel. It offers quality, cooler sleeping for hundreds less than many competitors. Feel free to stop by your nearest Mattress Source and perform your own 15-minute rest!
Your quality of sleep and quality of life are at stake when making a mattress choice. And if you tend to sleep hot but want memory foam benefits, this is one instance where you really want to go with your coolest option!